Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 2012 Birchbox!

It's that wonderful time of the month!  No... not that 'time of the month".  Birchbox time!!!  I was excited for this month's box because the theme is "Jet Set".  They wanted to give products that were useful during and for the travel season.  It's perfect because I am actually flying out next week to go visit my brother!  Little does he know that Birchbox even sent me a little something for him!  Lucky guy!  I was really hoping to get the full-sized Stila bronzer, but alas, I didn't.  This box was still amazing and I am super excited to try the products out.  If you don't know what Birchbox is, here is a previous blog post here where it is explained in detail.

Here's a better look through my box:


This is the sample that I'm going to give my brother.  It is John Varvatos's cologne "Star U.S.A.".  They sent it for Father's day as well as to promote Birchbox Man.  I took a picture of the sleeve with the explination.  Birchbox Man is like Birchbox, just with 'manly' products and items.  This month they gave out a watch!  If you know a guy that would be interested or if you're a guy that is interested, it's $20 a month and you can check it out more at Birchbox's website by clicking the link I'll paste at the end of this post.

This is probably my favorite item of the box.  This is Eyeko's Fat Eye Stick.  I have pictures of this swatched  below.  I got this in the color "Old Gold" which is an antique looking gold.  It's gorgeous and long lasting.  I'll add, this was a full-size product (always a plus)!

Birchbox had quite a few different lifestyle extras that I saw in other subscribers' boxes. I got this adorable zip bag by tili.  This will be a fun way to pack all my liquids for when I go through security at the airport next week.  This is quart size, and they sell different sizes.  This has a slider to zip it closed which I like a lot better than the other way.



I am really interested to try these out!  These are Self-Tanning Intensive wipes from Comodynes.  These wipes give you a tan that forms to your skin.  You can build up the color or just use it to get a nice glow.  It takes about 3 hours to fully develop the color.  Neatooo.  Tan without having to use UV rays.  :)

All the Birchbox subscribers were so excited to try Staniac by theBalm cosmetics.  I think everyone got this in their Birchbox.  I like using stains on my lips, but not a huge fan of using them on my cheeks.  We'll see how I like this.  Below I included a  picture of what it looks like swatched and blended out.

I have been a huge fan of the skincare products that Birchbox has worked with.  I'm sure this one will be just as great as the others.  This is the Facial Moisturizer + Sun Protectant SPF (Normal to Oily) by Likewise.  I love a good moisturizer and even better that this has 50+ spf!  WOW!  It is anti-aging and water resistant too.

The total value of my box was $27.65.  If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, please use my referral link here:  https://www.birchbox.com?raf=gafkf 
What do you guys think about this month's box?  If you get Birchbox, tell me what you got in your box this month!

-polish. impress. repeat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and respectful. No solicitations please!