Friday, June 29, 2012

Favorite Travel Items of Summer 2012

Sorry I have been AWOL for a few weeks.  My amazing big brother flew me out to visit him and to see good friends from high school.  On my trip I brought some products that I love and that were great to have on my trip.  One product, I bought while on my trip and it has quickly become a daily favorite of mine.  Of course, when traveling, it is nice to use up foil packet samples and travel size products so the full sized products don't take up all your suitcase room.  I had quite a few facial moisturizers and toothpaste packets I was able to use and get rid of.  I still have a huge pile of foil packets that didn't get used mainly because I liked these products better.  Here's a look at some of my favorites from my recent trip:

First is my Strawberry EOS LipBalm.  I've pretty much been in love and addicted to this for a few months now.  This is my second one of these I've gone through.  This lip balm is incredibly moisturizing, it smells AND tastes amazing, and it doesn't have gluten, parabens, petrolatum, or phyhalates.  The only thing I wish it did have was SPF.  This little ball of joy is a staple item in my purse.  When traveling in an airplane with recycled air, your skin can get the moisture sucked out of it and this will help keep your lips hydrated.  You can get these at Ulta and Target.



Ponds Wet Cleansing Towlettes is my go-to for make up removal.  They get all of my make-up off and leave my skin feeling smooth and clean.  I've been using these for 9 or 10 years and I haven't tried anything else because these work THAT good.  I found some travel size packets at Target that were perfect for my trip.  I was gone for less than a week so I didn't need the huge package they normally come in.  This was the perfect size.



When you travel, your clothes are folded inside a suitcase.  This can cause wrinkles in your clothing.  This handy little travel sized Downy Wrinkle Release was a life saver.  When I didn't have time to iron something this actually did a pretty decent job of getting the wrinkles out of my clothes.  You spray it on and then smooth out the wrinkles with your hands.  I'm taking this on all my future trips.



****  UPDATE***  I no longer 'love' this brand.  I bought the full size and after a while, I had more hair loss than normal and I guess this has happened to many other people after looking at reviews of this brand.  As soon as I stopped using it, the problem ceased.*****This is probably my favorite thing I discovered/used on my trip.  I had always seen these little Organix Coconut Milk travel sized shampoos and conditioners by the check out counters at Ulta, and they always intrigued me.  I got some for my trip and I might just end up buying the full size next time I need shampoo and conditioner.  My hair hasn't felt this good in a long time.  It is smooth and light.  Not to mention, my hair smells good enough to eat.  If you like the smell of coconut, this is yummy.



My hair does not hold curl well and Paul Mitchell's Round Trip is the only stuff I have found that keeps the curl and doesn't leave my hair feeling gross or crunchy.  I found a little travel size version a few years ago and now I just re-fill it with my full size bottle when necessary.  It comes out like a gel texture, but dries and leaves your hair soft and moveable.



DRY SHAMPOO!  As amazing as this stuff is, I am suprised that the craze with this stuff just started a year or so ago.  Dry shampoo is nothing new to this world.  I was in the MidWest, and with all the humidity, it was nice to be able to dry up some of the oil in my hair throughout the day.  This is a travel sized can I got from Target.



I received this in my Spring VoxBox and since it was a nice travel size bottle, I took it on my trip.  This body wash is incredible.  I have sensitive skin and this left my skin feeling clean and smooth.  It doesn't really have a smell which is a bummer, but it gets the job done.  I recommend this if you have sensitive skin.



Let me just start out my saying that this is one of the best things I have ever smelled in my entire life.  It smells divine.  This is Amika hair oil treatment.  It is a hair oil, but it doesn't leave your hair feeling greasy.  I got this in one of my first Birchboxes almost a year ago and I am STILL using it.  It is seriously like the never ending bottle!  I brought this as something to protect my hair from my flat iron.  I use about a dime sized drop and spread it throughout my hair after I get out of the shower.  It makes my hair frizz-free and nourished.  It is a lot like Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum (but better).  This was the perfect size to take with me; It hardly took up any room!



This is what I brought to wash my face with.  The Philosophy sample of Purity face was was from a Birchbox and I used my Clarisonic Mia.  The Clarisonic is the best thing that has happened to the skin on my face.  I had heard really good things about Purity, but I had to try it for myself.  I like the way it leaves my skin feeling.  I can see where the good reviews come from.  The MidWest and the humidity makes for a oily mess on my face so this was my night time regiment that got my skin feeling clean and fresh on my trip.  *Sorry the brush on my Clarisonic has been used and so it doesn't look all new and clean*



I could rave about this all day long.  I love any type of scrub.  Face, body, and lips.  I hate chapped lips, but it happens.  This lovely little pot of sugar and oils scrubs off dead skin on your lips and leaves them smooooooth.  Plus, this stuff tastes great.  The ingredients are edible and this one is deliciously minty.



Alright, so this product isn't travel sized, but I discovered it on my trip.  I had originally brought a travel sized hair spray with me, and it made my hair crunchy and nasty.  Dove came to the rescue!  This stuff is amazing.  It is my new favorite hair spray.  It leaves your hair in place, but your hair can still move (if that makes sense).  It smells fantastic and it doesn't dry your hair out like most other hair sprays.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff.

Leave me a comment and say what products you recommend for traveling! 

-polish. impress. repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and respectful. No solicitations please!