Saturday, June 16, 2012

My Birthday Mani!

I wanted to wear something fun on my nails for my birthday and I came up with this.  I color blocked Essie's "Orange, It's Obvious!" and China Glaze's "Wicked Style".  I really like the way these two look together and it's a festive combination great for the summer!  Here are some more pictures:

 Orange, It's Obvious! is a bright opaque orange.  I got out my Crayola collection and this is exactly the same color as the "Orange Red" color.  It does have a little bit of a red tint to it.  This color is part of Essie's Spring 2012 collection.  It's such a bold color for Essie that it really stood out to me and I gave in and purchased it.  It only took two coats, but it was rather runny leaving me with a good mess in my cuticle beds to clean up.  The nice thing was that it cleaned up easily....

Wicked Style is from China Glaze's Electropop Spring 2012 collection.  It is a bright fuchsia color.  It's gorgeous and something I wouldn't mind wearing on my toes all summer long.  This went on really nice, but it did leave some small bubbles.  The smallest bubbles I've actually ever had with nail polish.


I like the fact that these are really bright bold summer colors, but they aren't quite neons.  It's a small change up from the neon craze, though I'll return to it shortly!  :)

What are some good combo's that you like to color block with?

-polish. impress. repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and respectful. No solicitations please!