Monday, June 10, 2013

Unboxing my June 2013 BIRCHBOX

Here we go!  I was kind of excited for this box because it the theme is 'wanderlust' and it has to do with travel.  In a few days, I am traveling to San Fransisco and then later this summer to Florida and I was hoping I'd snag a few great things for those trips.  Now that I have the box, I'm not sure I'll take these particular items with me, but I'm happy for the most part with the items I received.  If you aren't familiar with Birchbox, it is a $10 monthly beauty subscription service.  To learn more, check out my blog post here where I explain the program in detail. If you are interested in signing up, click here.

 



Birchbox just recently got a new logo and a little bit of a face lift on it's website.  I really did like the old logo, but this one looks cool too.  I LOVEEEEE the new style of the box with the chevron style on the inside.  I hope that this is a regular thing and not just this month because of the launch of their new look.


This is London Calling from Color Club.  I have received a few polishes from Color Club in my boxes before, and so far, so good.  There were a few other colors in this Birchbox exclusive neon collection that I really liked, but I'm okay with this color.  It wasn't my favorite, but I don't have any neon mint green colors in my collection.



This is the Love Smoothing Shampoo by Davines.  I've never heard of this brand before, but this is a HUGE shampoo sample (plus the bottle is great and has a flip cap!).  This shampoo has Indian fig and olive oil to help moisturize your hair.  I like shampoos with wonderful heavy scents and this has a light citrus-y smell to it.  We'll see how I like it. 


Next up is a Lil' Lip Duo by LAQA & Co..  This reminds me of a Tarte LipSurgence.  From what I could tell from researching, I think this is the color Lambchop.  It is a bright fuschia pink color.  I don't wear bright lip colors often and this would be very bold for me to wear.  We'll see if I go for it...


I LOVE me some scrubs, and I was excited to see on my card that I got the Exfoliating Foaming Cleanser from suki.  I am a little dissapointed in the size.  This will probably only be enough for one use and I don't think I'll be able to tell if I really like it or not after just one use.  On the bright side, this smells deliciously invigorating like lemon candy.


I received some 'beauty extras' this month in a little envelope and they go along with the Davines shampoo.  This is the Love Smoothing Conditioner and the Oi/Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion.  I am super dissapointed that after the size and container of the shampoo that these are both tiny little foil packages (especially the oil).  I cannot imagine what mess getting oil out of foil package will make.

Lastly, Birchbox included these 5 postcards to go with their travel theme.  Unfortunately I probably will not be using these.  I'd rather send postcards from places I am currently visiting...

Overall, I am pretty happy with my box aside from the foil packaged samples.  What did you get in your box?

-polish. impress. repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and respectful. No solicitations please!