Thursday, June 20, 2013

My First Ipsy Bag! June 2013

I gave in and signed up for Ipsy.  I know when this company first started, they were getting a lot of negative reviews with things being broken, poor quality, cheap products, expired products, and bad selection.  They revamped their company from what I've seen in the last several months and I thought I'd give it a go.  There have been some really great products I've seen others getting in the last few months.  I first signed up for Birchbox years ago wanting to get make-up products.  I've discovered that I actually enjoy the skin care products more and have learned to appreciate what moisturizers, cleansers, scrubs, and serums can do for skin.  Ipsy is more focused on make-up than Birchbox is.  I am interested to see if I enjoy getting more make-up products. 

Ipsy is also a $10 a month subscription.  If you are interested in joining, here's the link to their website:  http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hgydekfset1iypv.  




Ipsy is sent in a hot pink bubble wrap bag.  The theme for this bag was 'Into the Wild' and the little bag matches it perfectly!  You also get a card with all the brands that were sent out and discounts that you can get off Ipsy's website.  Not all of these brands are sent to every person.  You get 4-5 items.







First up is a full size cream blush from NYX in Bronze Goddess.  It blends nicely and I'm happy I got a bronzer instead of a typical blush color.  I don't have many bronzers and this will be fun to try out this summer.  The formula felt fine and I like that it has the tiniest bit of shimmer.





Next up is a full size lip liner pencil from Starlooks in the color Bare.  This is a taupe color and while it is pretty, I don't know that I'll be using this.  I don't have any taupe lip colors and I don't think this is a good color for me.





I also recieved a full size highlighting pencil from Chella.  I am so excited to use this!  I have only used eye shadows as highlighters and it will be nice to use an actual pencil product! 







I'm pretty sure this is full size.  This is a glitter cream eyeshadow palette  from J Cat.  I have never heard of this brand or product, but I'm not sure I'll be using this either.  The colors are pretty, but I'm not a fan of chunky glitter for my face... not since junior high anyways. 








This product is the most interesting of the bunch.  It is a fully size gel eyeliner from Caylin in the color iron.  The brush is connected the the top of the lid.  I don't really use gel eyeliner, but I'll have to give this a go and see what I think of it.

Overall, I am impressed that these were all full size products (from what I could tell).  The little bag was adorable, but I know after I get one each month, I'm going to need to find something to do with all of them.  I haven't heard of most of these brands, but that doesn't mean they won't be great products.  I'll keep my subscription going and see what else comes from Ipsy.

What are your experiences with Ipsy/Glam Bag?

-polish. impress. repeat.

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I find them to be mostly drugstore brands I am not that interested to try. I love the Cailyn eyeliner, but didn't get it in my bag this month:( I got it in my Blush Beauty Bag last month, and it is now my go-to. Ipsy usually has full size products, but they are usually cheap brands. Personally, I discontinued my subscription this month as I am more interested in getting high-end brand names to try before I buy, like Birchbox and Blush. Here is my Ipsy review: http://itsawonderfullifestyle.com/2013/06/13/ipsy-glam-bag-unveiling/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a good point that most of the products really are mostly drugstore products. I've never heard of Blush, I'll have to look into it! :)

      Delete

Please be kind and respectful. No solicitations please!