Saturday, July 14, 2012

July 2012 Birchbox




My July Birchbox has arrived!  It's always fun to see what new products I get to try out!  There were some really fun items out there in July's boxes like Eyeko eyeliners and Stila lip glazes.  I was excited that I got Laura Geller's lip stick!  If you're not sure what Birchbox is, it is a monthly beauty subscription where you get to try out deluxe size (some times full sized) products.  I have a previous post here that you can check out that tells you all about Birchbox.  Here is more information about what I got in this month's box:

 This month, Birchbox teamed up with Glamour magazine.  The theme is based off of the 5 senses.  While I think it is an incredibly clever theme, I wish each box would have contained something from each sense.  I got two 'see' products, but no 'taste' item.  The little icon next to the product on the info card shows what sense the item goes with.


 Ahava is a brand that I have become familiar with through Birchbox.  I have received lotions and facial cleansers through other boxes.  I really like the brand and I am excited to try out this mud mask!  Who doesn't like to pamper their face?! 



I was looking forward to this item the most!  Not very many boxes had this lip stick and I have never gotten a lip stick through Birchbox before.  This is Laura Geller's Double Dipped Lipstick in the color Carribean Kiss.  Laura Geller is another brand that Birchbox has introduced me to.  I really like her products and I think I'm going to really like this lipstick too.  The neat thing is that it is double sided.  You can use one color, or both!  I swatched it on my hand.  The top color is the two colors combined.  The center color is the bronze color by itself and the bottom is the pink color by itself.



 Next is Manna Kadar's Sheer Glo Shimmer Lotion.  I really like this, it will make for a great highlighter.  Birchbox suggests mixing it into foundation, but I'm not a fan of having my entire face shimmer. 



Birchbox is usually VERY good with their shipping.  I have only had ONE issue with a product being damaged in my box in over a year of being subscribed.  When my box arrived this month and I opened it, I thought, wow, my box smells really good.  Come to find out, it was because my sample of Oscar de la Renta's Live In Love perfume had spilled.  I don't know if you can tell that there is nothing in the vile and there is some liquid remains on the lid.  I'm not too torn up about it.  It did smell nice, but it wasn't a perfume I'd probably wear, so no loss there.  I'm sure if I contacted Birchbox, they'd straighten it out (they have GREAT customer service), but I think I'll be fine without a new sample.



For the "lifestyle extra" this month, most subscribers got these adorable headphones in neon colors.  They also created a fun playlist on Spotify.

Overall, this wasn't one of my favorite boxes.  I like the theme and I like the products that I got, but I'm not sure if there is anything here that I would re-purchase just at first glance.  After using them for a little while, maybe I'll change my mind though.  If you are thinking about signing up for Birchbox, I highly suggest it!  It is only $10 a month and the boxes are well worth it!  Use my referral link here to sign up:  https://www.birchbox.com?raf=gafkf

If you are a Birchbox subscriber, what did you all get in your box this month?

-polish. impress. repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and respectful. No solicitations please!