Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Metallic Black Dupes?

Over the last year, I have purchased a few different metallic black polishes.  Each one had it's own quality that attracted me to it, but I worried that they were all too similar.  I put them to the test, and they are indeed all different and unique in their own ways.
The three colors I swatched are OPI's Lucern-tainly Look Marvelous, China Glaze's Stone Cold from The Hunger Games collection, and Zoya's Dovima.  Dovima and Stone Cold have matte finishes so I swatched them with and without top coats for you to see the compaisons.
Thumb- Zoya's Dovima, Index- China Glaze's Stone Cold, Middle- OPI's Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous, Ring- Zoya's Dovima with topcoat, Pinky- China Glaze's Stone Cold with topcoat.

(topcoat) Dovima (no topcoat)


(no topcoat) Stone Cold (topcoat)


Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous (no topcoat)

Dovima is more black, Stone Cold is more gray, and Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous is more silver.  Dovima is matte, but also has a nice smooth shine to it, Stone Cold is a true matte, and Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous isn't matte at all.  I really like all of these, but it probably won't be until Fall that I'll wear these again.  They are too dark for me to wear in the Spring and Summer.  I can't wait to get them back out though!

-polish. impress. repeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and respectful. No solicitations please!