Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It's November Birchbox Time!


With all the crazy weather on the East Coast one would think that there would be a delay on the November Birchboxes considering their headquarters are in New York.  I would have been completely understanding, but like always, Birchbox is amazing, and I got my box in the mail on time!  I am really happy with this box.  :)  If you aren't sure what Birchbox is, check out my blog post here which explains everything you'd want to know about it.

This month, the theme is "Give".  Completely appropriate around Thanksgiving and the holidays if you ask me.  They are teaming up with a charity called The Heart of Elysium which works with actors, artists, designers, and musicians to dedicate their time and talent to children going through different medical conditions.  It didn't say on this month's card, but I am assuming some of the profits from buying full sized products would go towards this non-profit organization, but I'm not for sure.  I love that Birchbox has teamed up with different organizations and that we are able to support them through Birchbox. Additionally, Birchbox included a little 'giving' box for us to fill with something special for someone and then for them to pass it along doing the same.  Clever!

Here's some pictures and information on what I got:



This is the little gift box that Birchbox included to 'pay it forward' to someone with a little gift.



This is ModelCo's SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss.  It is HUGE and full size ($16 value!).  It is an award winning Australian gloss.  The mirror is a bonus for application.  This is in the color "Strip Tease" and it is a nice sheer shimmery pink.  It isn't sticky, it smells like strawberry candy, and it is super moisturizing.  I'm excited to put this in my purse!



Next up is Oscar Blandi's Pronto Texture & Volume Spray.  I've heard awesome things about Oscar Blandi products, so I'm excited to try this out.  Who doesn't love a little extra lift and volume?



I recieved per-fekt's Brow Perfection Gel in the color caramel.  Apparently this contains 'nourishing sage extracts'.  Interesting.  It came in a little packaged bag which I thought was unnecessary, but I guess it is because the sample doesn't have the ingredients or anything on it.  The brush is as big as a mascara brush; a little bigger than I would think necessary for brows.  I don't know that I'd buy this product because I like my Stila Brow Perfection Gel, but I'll try this out.


 
Another perfume sample came in this box.  This is Stella Cadente's Miss Me perfume  I love that it is a SPRAY BOTTLE!  :)  It also came in a little bag, only this one is actually cute.  The smell is interesting.  The card says it is a French scent that is a 'blend of exotic blossoms " with "a subtle powdery finish".  That is a perfect description.  I don't know that this scent is for me.  It is very strong and it reminds me a lot of Kenra hairspray's scent.  I don't know that I like that for a perfume for me, but someone else might.



I am rather excited about this 'lifestyle extra'.  It is a little bite sized Chuao Chocolatier Chocopod bar.  This is in the flavor of Firecracker which is sea salt and chipotle in dark chocolate with popping candy.  Talk about an explosion!  This is also free of hydrogenated fats, artificial preservatives, colors, flavors, and sweeteners.  It is 100% natural and only 50 calories!  If this is as good as it sounds, I might have to get some more of these!


Birchbox also included a coupon card for Chromatic Gallerie which is a shoe company.  Even with the coupon, the shoes are still expensive.  I don't like to spend a lot of money on shoes, so I don't think I'll be using this unfortunately.

Overall, great box!  If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, it is only $10 a month and it is WELL worth it!  Here's a link if you want to join:   https://www.birchbox.com?raf=gafkf

What did you all get in your November boxes?

-polish. impress. repeat.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and respectful. No solicitations please!