Saturday, April 13, 2013

OPI - Oz collection - What Wizardry is This? (Liquid Sand)

I was really excited for OPI's Oz (the Great and Powerful) by Disney collection, but after seeing other people swatch them, there wasn't any one color I was gunning for.  None of the 'Liquid Sand' polishes have really caught my eye, but I saw Scrangie swatch "What Wizardry is This" and it was stunning.  Like I said, I don't really like the textured look, but with a top coat, this becomes a whole different polish that is beautiful.  It feels like sand paper, but really smooth sand paper (if that makes sense).  It isn't rough by any means, but it is bumpy.  It is sort of a thick goopy polish, but I used two coats anyways.  This is a dark golden brown shimmery spectacle. 






I like is so much better with a topcoat.  Where my topcoat got a little thin, you can still see some of the texture coming through.  Next time, I'll use two layers of top coat.  Also, the texture is hanging off the tips, I'd file those off too.  I was a newbie with this liquid sand stuff, so I've learned my lessons.

What do you think about this textured polish trend?  Yay or Nay?

-polish. impress. repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and respectful. No solicitations please!