Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Birchbox: August 2013 - Finishing School

I'm probably the last person on the planet to post their August Birchbox, but I've been preoccupied.  My deepest apologies.  This month's Birchbox theme is 'Finishing School'.  Not like the end of the year finishing, but the finishing school where girls used to go to learn how to be proper and elegant.  This box was a 6 on a scale of 10.  Let's jump in!







 The first thing on my card was Arangara "SHOWER GEL".  Notice this isn't shower gel, it is body lotion.  I'd prefer a body lotion anyways, so it wasn't a big deal to me.  I didn't know if they sent me the wrong item or if it was a typo.  Indeed it was a typo after confirmation from Birchbox's customer service.  Olive and rose are two scents I don't really enjoy, but if this lotion is amazing, I can deal with the scent.



Next is the Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation  by  Becca.  This is the most disappointing product I have received in a very long time.  This colors are wayyyy to dark for my skin color.  I can't even use ONE of them.  I'll be giving this away.  It seems great though; it is lightweight and it brightens, perfects, and soothes.



This is the Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner by Mally Beauty in the color Sailor.  This is the product I am most excited to use.  It is a pencil eyeliner which I love.  It is in a stunning dark blue AND it is waterproof!  Yay!  This will be a nice alternative to my staple black liner.


This is 100% Organic Argan Oil by Violet Oasis.  I always get disappointed when I get oils in these tiny samples, but they actually last quite a while.  A little goes a long way.  I am excited because I have never used pure Moroccan oil before.  This stuff is great for skin and hair to smooth and nourish.


Lastly, this was my "Beauty Extra".  I don't know why it is an 'extra' and not just part of the box...  Anyways, this is Creme de la Creme Conditioner by Miss Jessie's Original.  I'm assuming this was also a typo because it says on my card that I was to be getting Shampoo.  I can understand ONE typo, but two out of 5 products...  Anyways, I love a good conditioner, so I'm not too upset.


I haven't ever had this many errors with Birchbox, but they weren't HUGE errors.  I'm still a Birchbox lover and I think it is a great way to try out new products.  If you are interested in joining, it is $10 a month and you can click here to sign up.

If you are a subscriber, what are you liking most from your August box?

-polish. impress. repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and respectful. No solicitations please!