The rules of the Liebster award are:
- Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
- They must answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
- They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
- They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
- These lucky bloggers must then be told.
- There are no tag backs.
11 things about myself:
- I have been a nail polish junkie since I was about 7. I can remember getting my allowance and going to the BX (military store) and buying Wet N Wild nail polishes.
- I have had carbon monoxide poisoning. My mom and I were staying at family's and we woke up to our cousin telling us to hurry outside and that the fire department was on the way. The heater was broken.
- I LOVE music. Most any kind. I have the most random collection of music.
- After years of not having a favorite season: Fall. I moved to Southern California and there is NO Fall season. I miss the weather and the color changes of the MidWest, but at least I can still have pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING!
- I used to be on a jump rope team for the American Heart Association. We went around to schools all over the area and promoted Jump Rope for Heart events.
- My favorite movie is How To Train Your Dragon. I'm still a kid at heart.
- Speaking of being a kid at heart. Disneyland addict. Enough said.
- I cannot wait to have a full time teaching job. Not for the money, but just to be in a classroom and impact the students' lives!
- I have to be cold when I go to sleep. If I am at all warm, I can't fall asleep.
- I'm proud to be a military brat and I enjoyed the military lifestyle.
- I'm not competitive with other people, but I'm competitive with myself.
Questions from Philippa:
- Who is the one person in your life that you couldn’t live without? I'm going to cheat in this one and pick more than one person. My family. My dad has been an incredible provider, my mom an incredible helper, and my brother an incredible example.
- What is your earliest childhood memory? Playing Hot Wheels with my brother while watching Nickelodeon early Saturday mornings.
- Do you have any distinguishing marks, scars, or tattoos? I have a scar on each knee.
- How did you meet your best friend? Junior High in Language Arts class. Passing notes like good little students.
- What has changed in your life since you first started blogging? I started interviewing for full time teaching positions.
- From whom do you draw inspiration? Anyone who lives their life to glorify and honor God.
- Which year of your life would you like to re-live and why? None. Each year, even through the difficult ones, it has molded me to become strong and happy with my life. Though I did love college. I loved my school, my roommates, my friends, my job, and the experiences I had.
- If you were hosting a dinner party, what would be on the menu? Probably some kind of pasta, a fun salad, and some amazing baked desserts made by yours truely.
- What is your favourite book? Tell us a little about the plot and why it means so much to you. I really have enjoyed the Hunger Games series. It is a series based upon 12 districts (essentially like states) that have to send two tributes (a boy child and a girl child) to fight for their death in the Hunger Games. It is just so fascinating to me. I don't think it is a 'good' situation to be in, but I was drawn in to the story line. Team Gale!
- Which websites do you visit daily? Facebook. YouTube. Blogspot. My email.
- If you had to throw away the rest of your makeup collection and keep only 5 items, what you keep? Lorac AquaPrime, Revlon Colorstay Foundation, Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, Urban Decay Naked Pallete, and CoverGirl Lash Blast Waterproof Mascara.
My Questions for those I have nominated:
- What is the best appropriate joke you know?
- What are your top 5 makeup brands?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Where would your dream vacation be?
- Do you have any pets? If so, what are they?
- What is your favorite board/card game?
- What is the best prank/practical joke you've done?
- If you could only shop at one store for clothes for the rest of your life regardless of price, what store would it be?
- What is your favorite restaurant and your favorite dish to get there?
- Are you subscribed to any monthly beauty subscriptions? If so, which ones?
- If your closest friends were to describe you in three words, what would they be?
My Nominations (go check them out!) :
Congrats girls and I hope you have as much fun doing this as I have!
-polish. impress. repeat.