Sunday, March 18, 2012

China Glaze - Smoke and Ashes

 
The Hunger Games movie is going to be released THIS week!  As obsessed as I am with the book and waiting for the movie to come out, I have been equally excited for the nail polish collection from China Glaze.  The day the collection was released, I went to a few different stores to pick up the ones I wanted.  Sadly, I have been so busy I haven't been able to share any of them with you until now!  Smoke and Ashes is the first one I'm going to show you.  It was the color that most intrigued me from the collection.  I couldn't find very many good swatches online and I know why now.  It's incredibly hard to capture this polish in a picture.  It just doesn't pick up each part of the polish.  If you read the Hunger Games, this polish represents the District 12 and their mining. 
 Smoke and Ashes is a black color with blue and green reflux sparkles.  The sparkles are a dull sparkle (if that makes any sense).  In the picture above, it is easier to see the blue and green.
 Here it just looks like a sparkly black nail polish, but I promise you it's so much more than that.


 These pictures do no justice to the polish.  It's gorgeous! One coat would have done just fine, but I went ahead with two.  It's opacity is incredible and the formula is the perfect consistency.  China Glaze sells their polishes at Ulta and Sally Beauty Supply.  I could only find them at Sally's though.  They are usually $6-$7. 

Stay tuned to see which polish from the Hunger Games collection I do next to wear to the movie this week!

Which colors from the Hunger Games collection have you tried?

-polish. impress. repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and respectful. No solicitations please!